In this role, you will:
- Collaborate with the broader Digital and Creative teams on upcoming website projects
- Execute projects across their entire lifecycle: from brief & scoping to published site & continuous improvement
- Assist in the review of website design and usability in conjunction with the design and digital teams
- Stay in tune with emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them to operations and activities
- Develop core features for WordPress Platform
- Develop responsive modules & features for various levels of customer websites, including all associated tasks, right the way through to go live, incorporating innovative solutions and industry best practices
- Ensure all development is complete to a high standard as per requirements with a strong focus on performance, in particular, those elements that impact Google’s performance measurement scores
- Integrating APIs and vetted third-party plugins such as enquiry forms, CRM, etc.
- Work with the project team ahead of a new website build to spec out what is involved in the development and set timelines before the project plan is sent to the client
- Work closely with Designers to answer development related queries throughout the design process, so that you are aligned with the end goals for the website
- Transforming complex layout XDs into pixel-perfect presentation-layer HTML5/CSS3 templates
- Testing and bug fixing your work and on other projects.
- Learn from and contribute to advances in WordPress platform
- Contribute to finding and implementing new tools and processes that improve our platform and how we do things in general.
- Editing and optimising of existing website templates and functionality
- Design and delivery of WordPress training to non-technical stakeholders
- Set up, manage, and configure hosting environments
- Maintain well-documented, reusable, and transferrable code
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong experience in WordPress theme development
- Experience building accessible web pages
- Ability to effectively communicate with non-technical stakeholders
- Familiarity with of RESTful services (APIs)
- Experience with Git
- A thorough understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues
- A strong understanding of responsive web design techniques
- Familiarity with website localisation
- Ability to work on multiple projects and tasks at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Great attention to detail and highly organized
- Familiarity with content management and eCommerce solutions such as Shopify and Magento
- 4+ years working in web development, preferably in an agency environment.
- BA/BSc in Computer Science, Website Development or related field
- Portfolio submission is required with your application
- Flexible start and finish times
- Early finish Fridays
- Additional holiday days based on years’ service
- Company Pension Scheme
- Contribution to further education and study allowance
- Working with an award-winning international marketing agency
Flexible – happy to invite candidates based anywhere in Ireland who are interested in remote working but have the ability to attend occasional meetings in our office in Oranmore where required.
Please provide a cover letter and CV including links to your previous work and/or a list of active URLs to a minimum of 5 websites representative of your abilities and a description of your responsibilities on each website.